This Notice refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person (Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU Regulation that has the objective of protecting and enhancing the rights of data subjects.
These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU.
NOTE: The UK Government has not indicated that adherence to the GDPR will cease upon the UK’s withdrawal from the EU. Until any further information is available, to the contrary, Improve Outdoors will comply with the GDPR.
Improve Outdoors uses information collected from you to provide information and instigate communication with you by telephone and/or electronic means.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms you complete on this website. We may also collect details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Improve Outdoors may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. Improve Outdoors may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to this website.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and can also remove cookies from your browser. However, if you do, some features on our website may not function as a result.
Improve Outdoors will only collect any information so that it can provide you with marketing information and quotations. If you provide your details via a form submission we may forward this onto a third party but will ask for your permission beforehand.
No information that we hold about you is ‘sold’ on to third parties.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Improve Outdoors processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing compliance @improveoutdoors.com
Improve Outdoors may pass your personal information to third parties if you have expressed an interest in obtaining more information about a service or product offered on the Improve outdoors website.
Improve Outdoors requires these third parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Improve Outdoors will process personal data during the duration of any contact and will periodically delete information on a semi-annual basis, or sooner.
Data is held on multiple servers within the EU, UK and USA.
Your rights as a Data Subject:
At any point whilst Improve Outdoors is in possession of, or processing your personal data, you, as the data subject have the following rights:
- Right to be Informed – We are Improve Outdoors, our contact details are :compliance @ improveoutdoors.com
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
You can request, at anytime, confirmation of what information Improve Outdoors holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- The purpose of the processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Improve Outdoors or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator.)
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
Requirements for Requesting Information from Us:
Improve Outdoors will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Improve Outdoors is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to info @improveoutdoors.com
16 or Under
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Improve Outdoors or associated third parties, you have the right to complain directly to compliance @ improveoutdoors.com If you do not get a response from Improve Outdoors within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
Data Protection Regulator
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in April 2022.